Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why I Volunteer

Today, I heard a beautiful organist play at the Trinity Episcopal Church. He told us that after Katrina hit, he took shelter in the church with his wife and child. In the days after, he would get up early each morning and play the organ barefoot. I was watching, mesmerized by the three level of keys and foot petals and buttons, and the ease at which he played. Musicians have a special talent in which they are able to create inspiring music out of nothing. Singers can sing songs that move people to tears. Artists can paint beuatiful and inspiring paintings that will be admired for millennium. Dancers can preform performances that take people's breath away. I have none of these talents. I cannot sing, dance, paint, or play an instrument. It was then that I figured out why I volunteer. I volunteer so I can give back something to the world that is also beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment