Monday, February 18, 2013

Kellan Morgan

As a senior, I want to thank the New Orleans Program for giving me three great years of experiences. Although my time here is not quite yet over, I am painfully aware that it is coming to an end far too quickly. I remember my sister telling me after my first year on the trip that she was so glad I participated, because she had worried about me. She watched me enter high school as a typical teenage girl. She was afraid that I would fade into the background and not reach my full potential. In retrospect, I truly did not know who I was those first few years. When I went to NOLA in April of tenth grade, I truly rediscovered myself. I came out of my shell and made new friends. The trip has given me the opportunity not only to do service work and experience a new place, but also to create friendships that are irreplaceable. Without NOLA, Mr. Kane, reflection, countless hours of hard labor, and everything else that the program has given me; I honestly do not know where I would be. So thank you, to everyone who worked to give me and hundreds of other students the opportunity to rediscover ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment