Thursday, February 21, 2013

Realization - Benjamin Dauphinais-Szabady

This week has been one of the most eye-opening weeks that I've ever had. It seems that every corner I turn and every task that I complete, I find something new and unexpected. One thing that I've noticed over the course of the week is that I have been extremely happy. Happier than I have been in probably the past two years; before my mother died. Everything I do makes me happy, the people I'm with all the time make me happy and most of all; the realization that I'm helping so many people makes me happy. On the opposite side of that, this week has also been the most emotional week that I've had in a long time. Realizing that everything that we are working to fix was caused by these monumental forces... it's really humbling. It almost made me lose hope... Then I realized that this was exactly why groups like ours exist. Everything really came full circle and re-energized me. It gave me new hope that everything will work. Even though every action may seem really small and insignificant, all of the work will get done and there will be a difference before everyone is done with their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment