Friday, February 22, 2013

Brandon Donohoe Round 2

Today was the final full day of my adventure here with the United Saints of New Orleans.  I loved the whole experience; from just hanging out with the group to the hard work that we did at all of the job sites throughout the week.  The experience has changed me in ways that I am struggling to understand at the moment myself and I most certainly will not be able to explain any time soon.  The level of comradery, companionship and love that I feel for every member of this group is second only to what I feel for my beloved family.  Words cannot express how much I will miss every member of this group as we part and go our separate ways but I will rejoice in hoping (if not knowing) that I will be missed as much as I miss and that I have and will make as much of an impact on the members of this group as I feel they have made on me.  I would not trade this experience for anything and I hope that I will be blessed enough to be able to take part in it again next year.  I have made many new friends through this program and it has taught me many valuable life lessons that will forever guide me and teach me.  Seeing these issues up close and personal made a world of a difference in the way I view service and it really showed me how much it is needed; everywhere, not just here in New Orleans.  I will continue to learn from this past week for the rest of my life and I am so thankful to have been chosen to accompany my fellow NOLA members on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment